After reading glowing reviews of the brand for years, I finally decided to give Somme Institute’s skin care line a try. I’m always hesitant to use “one size fits all” skin care solutions because I find it hard to believe that one set of products can address one person’s dry/sensitive skin and another person’s oily/acne prone skin with equal efficacy. I decided to give Somme Institute a shot anyway because people with all sorts of skin issues seem to have impressive results.
I purchased a Starter Kit, which retails for $32.00 and includes trial sizes of each of the five products in Somme Institute’s five step regimen:
- Nourishing Cleanser (1 fl. oz.)
- Transport (14 Treatment Pads)–these are exfoliating pads that contain AHA.
- Serum (0.17 fl. oz.)
- A-Bomb Moisturizer (0.25 oz)
- Double Defense SPF 30+ (0.25 oz)
All of the brand’s products contain Somme Institute’s patented MDT5 technology, which allows for unprecedented absorption of topically applied vitamins:
- Vitamins alone can only do so much: many dermatological studies have demonstrated the therapeutic benefits of topical vitamin treatment for the management of a variety of skin conditions. Drawing on these investigations, many skin care companies have tried and failed to deliver significant results because the vitamins lacked sufficient epidermal absorption.
- We found a way to make them work:the Somme Institute® has circumvented these problems with the development of our Patented Molecular Dispersion Technology (MDT5™), a compound of 5 highly engineered vitamins (A, B3, B5, C and E) attached to specific proteins built to our specifications that target skin cell receptors, allowing these vitamins to go deep within the skin in their active forms at high concentrations. Once in the skin, these MDT5™ active vitamins treat all skin types and most skin conditions.
- Our breakthrough technology: Molecular Dispersion Technology (MDT5™) is a revolutionary vitamin/protein delivery system based on the results of Somme Institute®’s over 10 years of clinical trials. MDT5™ allows highly engineered vitamins (A, B3, B5, C and E) to penetrate deep within the skin to:
- Significantly improve skin tone, texture, clarity and appearance
- Repair years of sun damage
- Visibly lighten discoloration
- Diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Eliminate blemishes and prevent their occurrence
I’m working on reviews for each of the products in the Starter Kit, so look out for those soon! So far, I’m impressed by the minimalist packaging and interesting textures of some of the products–I’ll get into more detail in the individual reviews!