Here’s some information about my skin type and skin care routine that some of you might find helpful:
My Skin Type
I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and some redness in my face. Ideally, I want my skin care to balance my skin (reduce oil), minimize redness, reduce or eliminate blackheads, prevent and treat existing signs of aging, prevent acne, and make my skin tone appear more even. I also like to use as few products as possible.
My Current Routine
I’m always refining my skin care, but I’ve been using an Obagi Nu-Derm inspired routine for a while now. Here are the specific products I’m using*:
- Paula’s Choice Resist Perfectly Balanced Cleanser (morning and night)
- Paula’s Choice Clinical Advanced Redness Relief Toner (morning and night)
- Paula’s Choice Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA–I use this most mornings and Resist Weekly Retexturizing Foam 4% BHA in its place once or twice a week.
- Paula’s Choice Clear Ultra-Light Daily Fluid SPF 30+ (morning only)
- 1% Tretinoin Cream (night, prescription only)–read more here.
- Paula’s Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm (morning and night)
*I use a lot of Paula’s Choice, but I promise I’m not a rep for the brand or anything like that! I appreciate the brand’s philosophy and tend to have luck with their products.