According to Mally Beauty…
“Mally Beauty Instant Impact Mascara Duo will take your lashes to a whole new level! With a unique mascara formula, this mascara will help create the look of gorgeous, full, luxurious lashes that will last and last. The combination of natural waxes and carefully chosen powders gives lashes an instant boost. The 6 ball mascara brush works with help to separate your lashes and give your lashes the boost they deserve without clumping or flaking. The bold black color is perfect for all skin tones and is sure to define your eyes for a look that will last and last. “
Mally Beauty is known for their award-winning Volumizing Mascara, which has been a favorite of mine for years. Their new Instant Impact Mascara is designed to define and separate lashes. Its wand has six balls covered in spiky plastic bristles that are meant to help cheat the lashes in toward the nose (rather than up and out). According to Mally Roncal (celebrity makeup artist and creator of Mally Beauty), this application method gives eyes a flattering lifted appearance that brightens the whole face. The shape of the wand is also supposed to make lashes look more natural than straight up and down wands, which Mally says can produce spidery looking lashes.
Here’s what Instant Impact looks like on me:
What I Like About this Mascara
- It makes lashes look thick and dark, even from far away.
- It’s easy to remove at the end of the day, but it doesn’t flake or smudge while I’m wearing it.
- It works well as a topcoat. Adding a coat of Instant Impact over a volumizing formula makes lashes look longer, thicker, and darker:
What I Don’t Like About this Mascara
- I don’t love that way it makes lashes look up close. They look a little clumpy and heavy to me.
- It’s expensive, especially if you’re only going to use it as a topcoat.
- I don’t think the wand effectively draws lashes in toward the nose, mine still seem to sweep up and out toward my ears.
Instant Impact makes lashes look big and bold, so you might love if you want people to see your lashes from across the room. If you like more of a fluttery look, I’d skip this unless you plan to use it as a topcoat.