One Look, Two Price Points: Longwear Foundation
Here’s a longwear foundation look using expensive products on one side of my face and affordable things on the other…can you tell which side is which?
- Estée Lauder ‘Double Wear’ Stay-in-Place Liquid Makeup • $37.00
- Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer • $24.00
- NARS Nepal, Fez, and Bali • $25.00 each
- NARS Dogon • $35.00
- Tarte Lghts, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara • $20.00
- Kevyn Aucoin Beauty ‘The Celestial’ Bronzing Veil • $48.00
- Face Stockholm Powder Blush, Worship, $20.00
- Lancôme ‘Color Design’ Lipcolor, Pale Lip • $22.50
Grand total: $281.50
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation • $12.99
- CoverGirl Ready, Set Gorgeous Concealer • $6.39
- e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow Palette, NYC • $10.00
- e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow Palette, Texas • $10.00
- CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara, Very Black • $8.99
- Milani Baked Bronzer, Glow 04 • $8.49
- Milani Baked Blush, 05 Luminoso • $12.99
- CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick, Honeyed Bloom 245 • $6.39
Grand total: $76.24
If you guessed that the right half of my face (on the left side of your screen) was the expensive side, you’re right! The two sides look pretty similar to me, but the more expensive Estée Lauder foundation is a bit more flattering and wears longer than L’Oreal’s new Pro-Matte. It’s also a better match for my skin tone. I do, however, like the cheaper mascara much better than the expensive one!
What do you think? You can check out other posts like this one here!