Sheer Nail Polish
When it comes to my nails, I don’t branch out much. I’d love to sport trendy shades, but I always feel like they look weird on me (maybe because my hands are small?). With the exception of the occasional classic red, I pretty much stick to sheer nail polish–shades you can’t go wrong with. These shades make perfect base shades for french manicures if you’re into those, and they’re also beautiful on brides!
- Essie Allure is a sheer white. I only like to wear one coat because two or three look a little too milky for my taste. This is the shade Kate Middleton wore on her wedding day, so you know it’s good!
- Essie Sugar Daddy is a clear pink. This is the shade I reach for most often because it’s super sheer, which makes it incredibly easy to work with and wearable–I can get away with wearing Sugar Daddy for almost two weeks because chips are barely noticeable!
- Essie Ballet Slippers is the most opaque polish on this list. It leans more white than pink. I reach for this when I want to cover imperfections or discoloration. It can start to look a little chalky, so this shade requires a little more work than some of the more sheer shades I own.
- OPI No Bees Please is a sheer nude beige-pink with hot pink shimmer (the shimmer is basically invisible on nails, it just adds some dimension). It’s discontinued, which is really too bad because this is one of my favorites!
- Essie Vanity Fairest is another super sheer shimmery pink. This one just looks super classy and polished.
Another thing I love about sheer polishes is that they’re low maintenance! They’re easy to remove than deeper or brighter shades and chips are harder to notice. What’s your go-to polish? Do you wear sheer shades more often than bright ones?