A couple months ago, I wrote about Spruce, an iPhone app that I use to make virtual visits to the dermatologist.
When I wrote my initial review, which you can read here, Spruce only accepted acne cases, but they’ve recently started treating a ton of new conditions, just like a traditional dermatologist!
You can now use Spruce to have the following conditions diagnosed and treated by a board-certified dermatologist:
- Bed Bugs
- Cold Sores
- Athlete’s Foot & Ringworm
- Dry or Itchy Skin
- Excessive Sweating
- Insect Bites or Stings
- Lice & Scabies
- Poison Oak & Ivy
- Shaving Bumps & Ingrown Hair
- Skin Discoloration
- Tick Bites
Not all dermatologist’s offices are able and/or willing to accommodate last minute appointments (imagine having an itchy rash for a week or longer while you wait to see your doctor!), but Spruce makes it much faster and more convenient to get effective treatment. You just log in to the app, start a new visit, enter your information and take some photos, and then wait to hear back from a dermatologist. You’ll get a response in twenty-four hours or sooner (in my experience, it’s usually closer to four hours than twenty-four).
You should read my original review for a lot more information about how Spruce visits work, pricing, and the pros and cons of virtual visits to the dermatologist. I haven’t used Spruce for anything but acne yet, but I absolutely plan to!
- Spruce is currently available to patients 18 and older in California, Florida, New York, and Pennsylvania.
- You can sign up to be notified when Spruce visits become available in your state on Spruce’s website.
- Right now, Spruce is only available to iPhone users. It’s free to download in the app store.
- For a limited time, Spruce is offering a free visit to first time patients (no offer code necessary)!