Two Anti-Aging Products You Might be Overlooking
Most of us use things like retinol and eye creams to treat wrinkles and other signs of aging, but here are a couple other skin care products you might be overlooking in your anti-aging routine:
Wearing a good sunscreen year-round doesn’t just protect skin from sun damage, it also prevents wrinkles, discoloration and loss of firmness. Look for a full-spectrum formula that offers SPF 15 or higher and use it every single day.
- Recommendations for combination and oily skin: Paula’s Choice Hydralight Shine-Free Mineral Complex SPF 30; Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging UV Defense Regenerating Lotion SPF 50
- Recommendations for normal and dry skin: Paula’s Choice RESIST Cellular Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 25; Clinique City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25
Exfoliants are great because they treat so many things with just one product: removing dead surface skin effectively refines wrinkles, improves skin tone, unclogs pores, and reduces redness and breakouts. If you have combination to oily or acne-prone skin, you’ll want to use a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) product. If your skin is normal to dry or sun-damaged, use an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) exfoliant.
- Recommendations for combination and oily skin (BHA exfoliants): Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant; Clean & Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Treatment Oil-Free
- Recommendations for normal and dry skin (AHA exfoliants): Paula’s Choice RESIST Skin Resurfacing & Smoothing System; Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir
If you’re looking to add more anti-aging products to your skin care arsenal, try these! Maybe you’re using them already!
Other Anti-Aging Things to Keep in Mind
- You don’t need a separate eye cream. In fact, most eye creams are formulated identically to facial moisturizers. It’s totally fine to use your regular nighttime moisturizer (without SPF) on the eye area. I know I’ve talked about this before, but it might save you money so I thought I’d mention it again!
- You can save yourself a lot of money on subpar products by reading Beautypedia reviews before making skin care purchases. I’ve found Paula Begoun, creator of Paula’s Choice products and Beautypedia Reviews, to be such a helpful and reliable source of information about skin care products and ingredients. Not only does Paula have her own line of non-irritating and effective skin care products, she also reviews and recommends products made by other brands!